I received this award, from Francina, seasonspoetry.com, and
Renee, positiveboomer.net. Francina’s blog exudes elegance and adventure, through her beautiful photography and travel journals. Whether she shares her emotions through her own writing or through writing of another poet, her blog is a “must!” Renee’s blog offers a daily blast of healthy inspiration to go on your merry way. She emphasizes that it is never too late to get in shape and lead a healthy life! Pay them both a visit; you will not be disappointed. They are both lovely ladies and I am so glad they are in my “Sister Circle!” Thank you both very much! ♥
I hadn’t heard of this award before and am truly humbled to be part of the “Sisterhood!” And truthfully, if there were a Brotherhood Award, it would be my pleasure to hand it to those male bloggers whom I also follow!
One of the rules of the award is to tell people 7 things about yourself, hitherto not mentioned on your blog. I have shared some things about myself in previous awards, so I will try not to repeat myself or cause you to
Seven things about myself:
1. I am blessed to have met so many wonderful women through blogging. I feel as though I’ve known you for years!
2. Although, I have many great memories from the past, I wouldn’t want to go back in time. I’m comfortable and happy with my life right now.
3. It’s rewarding and fun having older kids (21 & 17), spending time with them as adults, but it’s still hard letting go. I’m not very good at it, but I’m definitely working on it!
4. I love the country and mountains the most.
5. I may be going back to school (still considering).
6. In January, my hubby and I will celebrate 24 years of marriage.
7. I visit our local library often to check out more books to read; it’s almost as good as visiting Sees Candy!
Instead of following through with 7 (as the rules state) or even more nominations, I’m going to break the rules, hoping the blog award police don’t come after me. Every woman who has visited and supported me in any way, please accept this Sisterhood Award. You may have simply stopped by for a brief look, or liked, commented or followed. It doesn’t matter…there are too many wonderful “sisters” to choose from and I can’t leave anyone out. So, if you are inclined, take this lovely award and pass it on. There is no pressure, of course, and if you choose not to accept, then I’m going to echo Francina’s words by saying “tuck it away somewhere as a token of my appreciation of your creativity.”
The Addictive Blog Award
The Addictive Blog Award was given to me also by Renee at: http://positiveboomer.wordpress.com. Renee is a warm and kind soul who shares an abundance of healthy tips, not to be missed! Please visit her and you will love her ongoing inspiration for a healthy life! I’m very appreciative, Renee, thank you so much for thinking of me for this award. Again, I hadn’t heard of this one and since my one year blogging anniversary is coming up, I suppose it is fitting! Although, I’d like to replace “Addictive” with “Passionate!” 🙂
The rules for this Award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link them back.
Thanks so much, Renee!
2. Share a little bit about why you started blogging.
I had always loved to write poetry, but the nudging from my son to start this blog is how it all began. Being a novice in this new land of blogging, I wasn’t sure what to expect or what I really wanted to get out of it. I have been given so much more than I ever anticipated. Meeting people all over the world is beyond amazing, reading other’s poems is not only enjoyable, but a big part of learning. The friendships made are priceless, so there are many more facets to blogging than simply blogging in itself! It has been a most rewarding journey and I thank you all!
3. Copy and Paste the award onto your own blog.
4. Nominate up to 10 other bloggers you think are addictive enough to deserve the award.
It is so hard to choose and leave others out, so please check out my blogroll for some of my favorites. Again, I’m breaking the rules! However, just so you know my blogroll is an infinite list and needs updating! All of you are absolutely wonderful!